This Vietnamese Michelada will take the place of all Micheladas you have had in the past with the flavor additions of fish sauce, sriracha, and the Togarashi spice mix. Want to spice up your cocktail recipes and pair them with some tasty Asian food? This Vietnamese Michelada has been adapted from the Lucky Rice Cookbook. Lucky Rice is a New York-based Asian culinary organization that produces large scale Asian food festivals, including night markets, slurpfests, and cocktail events coast-to-coast across the United States. In addition they have released an awesome book called Lucky Rice Stories and Recipes from Night Markets, Feasts, and Family Tables. It is a beautiful book filled with amazing recipes and photos. I was drawn to the book by the wonderful Asian inspired cocktails including the one I am sharing today.
- 1 x 12 ounce dry pale lager (Asahi)
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 dash of fish sauce
- 1 squeeze of Sriracha
- 1 star fruit or lime for garnish
- 1/2 cup of ice
- Spice mix rim (Togarashi spice mix to taste)
Garnish: lime slice or star fruit
- Rim glass with Togarashi spice mixture
- Fill serving glass half way with ice, add lime juice, fish sauce, and Sriracha. Stir, then add beer leaving 1 inch at the top of the glass. Stir to marry all ingredients then top with top off again with beer.