Today I am sharing a very yummy martini made with Brugal white rum. I was recently walking around Pike Place Market and came across a cafe called “Turkish Delight”. I was shocked that I had never been or noticed it before so I went in to see what they had to offer.
To my surprise they had a wonderful display of many different flavors of the confection; turkish delight. A turkish delight is a confection made from gel and covered in powered sugar. They flavors range from the more traditional rose water to orange, lemon, chocolate, and many more. I love the rose water flavor and knew that I had to grab some to make a cocktail.
The confection is used as a garnish in this cocktail but the flavor of the martini tastes very similar to the confection. I used a hibiscus lavender syrup in this cocktail but you could use a plain simple syrup to add some sweetness. Make Today sweet with the Turkish Delight Martini!
- 2 ounces of Brugal white rum
- ¼ ounce of rose water
- ¼ ounce of Raft Hibiscus Lavender Syrup
- ¼ ounce of lemon juice
- ½ cup of ice
Garnish: Rose flavored turkish delight candy
- In a cocktail shaker add Brugal rum, rose water, Raft Hibiscus Lavender syrup, lemon juice and ice
- Shake until mixed and chilled
- Strain mixture into serving glass
- Garnish with rose flavored Turkish delight candy