When I was in Australia I got a little addicted to Tim Tam’s, they were my decadent indulgence whenever I wanted something sweet. I love that they were named after a US racehorse, so I created this version of the classic Mint Julep with the Tim Tam Dark Mint cookies, made with a mint crème filling and covered in chocolaty deliciousness.
I started by making a Tim Tam Dark Mint syrup that turned out more like a chocolate sauce as it was a little more viscous than anticipated. I then combined the syrup/sauce with some delicious bourbon and added in some mint bitters to really accentuate the delicious fresh flavor. I would usually build a Mint Julep but with the extra viscosity of the syrup I decided to shake it first to make sure the ingredients really emulsified sufficiently. In Arnott’s own words, the biscuits are “chocolaty on the outside, crunchy on the inside and delicious all over”; and I couldn’t agree more.
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 2 bar spoons Tim Tam Dark Mint syrup
- 3 dashes mint bitters
- 1 Tim Tam Dark Mint cookie
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients
- Strain into a julep cup over crushed ice
- Grate Tim Tam Dark Mint cookie over the top
- Garnish & Enjoy!
Tim Tam Dark Mint Syrup
- 4 crushed Tim Tam Dark Mint cookies
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine ingredients in a small saucepan
- Bring to the boil
- Simmer and stir ingredients until you get a smooth consistency
- Allow to sit and cool for at least 10 minutes
Discover a cookie so unique; yet so ridiculously delicious you’ll want to share it! Arnott’s