We are getting a head start on Christmas cocktails as you’re going to want to make sure you have all the ingredients, and glassware, for this party stopper. We were looking at our Christmas tree and decided we wanted to make a cocktail that best represented the season, so we jumped online and found some Christmas tree shaped glassware and wanted to make a green cocktail that mildly resembled a milk punch.
The obvious ingredient to make our cocktail green was crème de menthe, and it worked deliciously, adding in just a hint of mint to the concoction. We combined that with some great white rum from Trinidad, white chocolate syrup and coconut to really bring that island vibe. When it comes to chocolate, there is no such thing as too much, so we also added in some chocolate bitters and shaved some nutmeg over the top for added effect. The cocktail was delicious but did need a little additional balance so we added in some aromatic bitters, that worked both as a combining agent for the flavors and a decorative topping to our festive concoction.
Recipe: Serves 2
- 4 ounces Angostura White Oak
- ½ ounce crème de menthe
- 2 ounces coconut cream
- ¼ ounce Monin White Chocolate
- 6 dashes The Bitter Truth chocolate bitters
- 6 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- Nutmeg (shaved)
- Combine all ingredients except Peychaud’s bitters and nutmeg in a shaker with ice
- Shake to chill and combine ingredients
- Strain into a tree (highball) glass over crushed ice
- Dash Peychaud’s bitters over the cocktail
- Grate nutmeg over the cocktail
- Garnish & Enjoy!