Over the past month we have been experimenting with the Cocktail Artist line of essential bar ingredients and as great as they all are, I decided to replicate just one, the Lakeshore Collins. This is the signature cocktail from my good friend Tenzin Samdo who represents the bar mixers line with his perfect lemon juice. It was so east to make, but better yet, is delicious and a real hit with my friends who happen to be visiting while I was working on it. Throughout the evening we kept referring to their Signature Recipes section on their website to get fresh ideas and recipes from their team of award winning mixologists.
Hear about it yourself in the words of Tenzin himself:
My signature drink is the Lakeshore Collins. The reason I love this cocktail is because…
- This drink is very approachable and can be made with minimal bar tools and ingredients.
- The drink is well balanced and very refreshing.
- It doesn’t take much creativity to make them, yet it tastes like a well-crafted cocktail you’ll find in many reputable cocktail bars.
This drink is great to craft when you have friends and family members over at your place or in your backyard. You can really drink this on occasion, but warmer weather is especially favorable.
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1/2 oz Cocktail Artist™ Lemon Juice
- 3/4 oz Cocktail Artist™ Grenadine
- 1 oz Ginger Beer
- 1 Lime Wheel
- Cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- Collins glass
HOW TO MAKE
- Combine first three ingredients in a shaker with cubed ice and shake vigorously
- Strain into a Collins glass and add a few cubes of ice
- Top with ginger beer and crushed ice
- Garnish with a lime wheel