One of my favorite bars in Seattle is called the Triumph Bar and is located in Queen Anne. They have an awesome cocktail program and bartenders that work with the chef to create seasonal cocktails. One of their seasonal cocktails was called Oh Snap and combined a sugar snap pea puree with gin and egg whites.
I tried this cocktail right off the bat and knew I wanted to try to make something similar at home. I know you are probably thinking peas in my cocktail?!? What?!?! It is amazing and so refreshing not to mention slightly healthy! My version contains English peas which I love because they are so light and delicate. It also dials in citrus flavor from lemon, orange, and Grand Marnier. For the base spirit I used the awesome Navy strength Gin from Genius Gin a craft distillery located in Austin Texas. I previously made a Saffron Gin and Tonic with this amazing gin. Shake up this green drink and enjoy the earthy garden flavor of a pea cocktail.
- 1.5 ounces of Genius Gin 1 cup English peas (steamed)
- 1 cup of water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ ounce Grand Marnier
- ounce orange juice
- 1 cup ice
Garnish: lemon twist
- In a blender add English peas, water, and salt
- Blend mixture then strain mixture
- Add ½ of ice, 4 ounces of pea puree, gin, lemon juice, Grand Marnier, and orange juice to a shaker
- Shake mixture for 30 seconds
- Fill serving glass with the rest of the ice and strain mixture into serving glass
- Garnish with lemon twist