I love tea infused cocktails especially when bourbon is involved. The recipe today highlights ginger tea which mixes so well with the bourbon and Drambuie. I decided to use the Scottish liqueur Drambuie which is made from whiskey, heather honey, spices, and herbs. This was a good pick because the honey flavor adds herbal sweetness to the cocktail without having to add any additional sweeteners.
Of course, ginger always goes well with bourbon but the tea is more subtle than your typical ginger ale or ginger beer. I loved the mellow flavor and spiciness of the ginger tea. This is a great recipe to turn into a bourbon ginger punch especially if you are looking for something that does not have carbonation. The tea can be brewed ahead of time and boom just like that you have a tea cocktail punch! If you are looking for a hassle free craft cocktail try this tea infused ginger spice. Love ginger and bourbon? You will love ginger tea and bourbon even more!
- 1.5 ounces of bourbon
- ½ ounces of Drambuie
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 ginger tea bag
- 4 ounces of boiling water
- 1 cup of ice
Garnish: candied ginger
- In a large mug add the tea bag and the 4 ounces of boiling water.
- Let the tea bag steep for 5 minutes then discard the tea bags. Let the tea cool.
- Add the tea, bourbon, Drambuie, lemon juice, and ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake for 20 seconds until mixed and chilled.
- Strain into serving glass
- Garnish with candied ginger