This summer I am super excited to partner with Lillet to bring you three summer spritz recipes. I became obsessed with Lillet after drinking it a bunch on a trip to France last summer and now I make sure I always have a bottle on hand at all times. What is Lillet you ask? It is a wine-based aperitif that is a blend of wines and fruit macerations. There are several reasons that I love making a nightly spritz during the summer including:
- I love the light and refreshing flavors as well as the low alcohol content
- All you have to do is stir the cocktail – no complicated steps
- You serve the spritz in a wine glass so they are a perfect addition to any party or entertaining you are doing this summer.
So what is a spritz anyway?
Spritz recipes were generated by different regions in Europe and are typically an aperitif plus sparkling water. I have chosen to upgrade my spritz recipes by adding some seasonal flavors that have inspired me this summer.
My first recipe was inspired by a recent trip to Paris. All the markets had beautiful summer berries including blueberries. In addition to the blueberries I decided to add some honey water and Lillet Blanc as the Blanc has some notes of honey. Check out my video of me making my Sweet as Honey Spritz and watch as I take you on a journey through Paris.
To get all the spritz inspiration make sure you follow Lillet on Instagram and Facebook. Also, make your own Lillet Spritz and tag Lillet US this summer! #SummerofSpritz #LilletYourWay
- 3 ounces of Lillet Blanc
- ½ ounce of Honey Water (2:1 honey to water)
- 2.5 ounces of Sparkling Water
- Garnish with Blueberries, Thyme and Lemon Slice
- Add ice to the serving glass.
- Add all ingredients to the serving glass.
- Stir then garnish
Please Drink Responsibly!