The weather here in Australia where we are visiting right now is so amazing and we are combining all of the best tropical ingredients we can with a few awesome ones from back home in the US. Today we created the Sinshine Fizz with Australian spirits blended perfectly with Monin mango syrup from the US and a few great products from Ms. Betters Bitters in Vancouver, Canada.
We started with the Four Pillars Shiraz Gin as our base and looked for another great local Aussie spirit and found out that the Adelaide Hills Distillery actually makes an awesome spiced white rum so it worked in great. We then rumbled through our travel kit and found some Monin mango syrup, which was absolutely perfect for a tropical style fizz. Lastly, while in New Orleans for Tales of the cocktail we bumped into some old friends who had samples of their Ms. Better Bitters on hand so we grabbed the Green Strawberry Mah Kwan to keep with the tropical theme and the really awesome Miraculous Foamer. We of course had no idea what that was, but Tarquin told us it was their new organic egg white replacement and we had to give it a go; it works like a charm and there’s no mess of cracking eggs. Enjoy!
- 2 ounces Four Pillars Shiraz Gin
- ¾ ounce Gunnery Spiced White Rum
- ½ ounce Monin Mango Syrup
- 1 ounce Ms. Betters Bitters Miraculous Foamer
- 1 bar spoon Ms. Betters Bitters Green Strawberry Mah Kwan
- ½ ounce strawberry puree
- Soda water (approx. 1.5 ounces)
- Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake hard for 1 minute to chill and emulsify ingredients
- Strain out ice
- Shake really hard again for 1 minute to make silky smooth
- Strain into highball
- Top with soda water
- Garnish and Enjoy!