After a few days of excessive eating and drinking I need something that will help me fight my withdrawal. This boozy milkshake is just the thing because it’s a meal and a drink in one; addressing the need to satisfy yourself with junk food and booze at the same time. This is a win – win situation and it is calling your name. If you want to get really technical this could be considered your morning breakfast. Who doesn’t want some Belgian waffles, strawberry ice cream, and rum in their breakfast cup? I knew I had to create a waffle boozy milkshake and this one is so good with the fresh strawberries! Make one today and it will rock your world. Waffles+Rum+Strawberries is your key to happiness!
- 3 ounces of rum
- 3 scoops of strawberry ice cream
- 1 belgian waffle (1/2 for milkshake and ½ for garnish)
- 3 strawberries (2 for milkshake and 1 for garnish)
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1/8 cup of maple syrup
Garnish: ¼ of waffle and 1 strawberry on a wooden skewer
- In a blender combine rum, strawberry ice cream, ½ of waffle, 2 strawberries, milk and maple syrup.
- Blend until desired consistency
- Note: add more ice cream if mixture is too thin or more milk if it too thick
- Pour blended mixture into serving glass
- Garnish with skewered strawberry and waffle