I love giveaways and this one is really cool. I usually do my infusions with syrups because it is easier, but when Smirnoff sent me their infusion kit to try out I loved it! I was able to make this big punch for all my friends and family members with a delicious infusion of dried strawberries and basil, and then I added in some extra ingredients and the punch came together deliciously.
Recipe: (serves 16-20)
- 1 bottle of Strawberry Basil Infused Smirnoff No. 21 vodka (see below)
- 20 ounces of ginger beer
- 1 cup of lime juice
- ½ cup strawberry simple syrup
- 5 strawberries (sliced)
- Basil leaves
Smirnoff Vodka Infusion:
Using the Smirnoff infusion kit I was able to rapidly infuse the vodka with the essences of strawberry and basil in 10 minutes and 2 steps.
Step 1: I put dried strawberries in the infusion capsule and allowed them to rest for 5 minutes.
Step 2: I added in the dried basil and waited another 5 minutes before it was done.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a punch bowl
- Fill the punch bowl with ice
- Stir to mix everything together
- Garnish with strawberry slices, and basil leaves