While in Australia I visited a new bar on the Gold Coast that was dedicated to whisk(e)y’s and I tasted some delicious blended scotch that I absolutely loved so I wanted to make a cocktail with one of them. I chose one with a slight vanilla and honey undertone with a little bit of spice and wanted to boost the flavors so I found a nice vanilla spice tea that really did the job. A little bit of lemon juice was all I needed to help the spice really kick in the cocktail but the cocktail became a little harsh. I tasted everything together and realized it needed something sweet so I grabbed some Monin Blueberry syrup and it really did the job to bring everything together in my cocktail.
Recipe: (Makes 2)
- 4 ounces blended whisky
- 2 ounce vanilla spice tea
- 1.5 ounces Monin Blueberry syrup
- 1.5 ounces lemon juice
- Brew the tea for 1 minute (or until ready)
- Strain the tea and place in the fridge to cool
- Combine the ingredients in cocktail shaker with ice
- Strain into a tea pot with 4-5 cubes of ice
- Add fresh rosemary and blueberries into tea pot
- Pour into glasses and Enjoy!