Today I am all about tropical drinks and this spicy rum cooler fits the bill perfectly. I have been craving a tropical vacation and this drink is as close as I am going to get right now.
The sweetness of the mango paired with the spiciness of the habanero syrup really balance each other out. The rum compliments both the mango and the mint leaves which sends the flavor profile of this drink right over the edge. I can’t get enough of spicy cocktails and this one is no exception. So, sit back and pretend you are drinking the tropical gem on the beach and let rum take you away. Cheers!
- 1.5 ounces of rum
- ¼ cup of mango, shredded
- 8 mint leaves, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon habanero syrup (*recipe below)
- 2 ounces of club soda (could be more depending on serving glass)
Garnish: Mint leaves and lime slice
- Fill shaker with rum, mango, chopped mint, lime and habanero syrup
- Muddle ingredients
- Add ½ cup of ice and shake mixture for 20 seconds
- Add ½ cup of ice to serving glass
- Strain mixture into serving glass
- Top off with club soda
- Garnish with mint and lime slice
*Recipe: Habanero Syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 habanero pepper sliced in half
- In a sauce pan combine sugar, water and habanero pepper. Let it boil for until sugar dissolves
- Strain mixture and let it cool
- Extra syrup may be stored in a glass container for up to a week.