This year my focus has been integrating travel into Beautiful Booze so I can bring you the best cocktails and booze from all over the world. Today I am sharing a tequila cocktail with bold flavors; made with Santera Tequila. A while back I was sent some samples of this tequila and I have been waiting for the perfect cocktail. This cocktail has pomegranate and jalapeño flavors with a bit of added bite from the tequila. The jalapeño simple syrup adds some heat with out overpowering the cocktail. I love making this spicy syrup each week to add a kick to different cocktails throughout the week.
- 1.5 ounces of Santera Anejo Tequila
- 1/2 ounce of jalapeño simple syrup
- 1 ounce of lime juice
- 1 ounce of pomegranate juice
- 1 cup of ice
- Add tequila, jalapeño simple syrup, lime juice, pomegranate simple syrup and ice to a cocktail shaker
- Shake mixture then strain into serving glass