It’s Cinco de Mayo today and I created this special tropical Margarita to celebrate. I’m currently in Asheville, NC and the weather was pretty average yesterday so I had to create something with a little kick to help me through. I wanted to make a Margarita of course and had a look at the local market for other ingredients and thought the combination of tropical mango and spicy jalapeño would be perfect to get me through. Everything balanced out so well and the softness of the añejo tequila goes down so easy with the lime juice.
Until June 15 if you use the hashtag #BolsMargaritaMoment in your Instagram post you immediately go in the running to win a trip to a margarita festival this summer with flights and accommodation paid for, so mix up some Margaritas and get snapping!
- 1.5 ounces añejo tequila
- 1 ounce Bols mango
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- spicy salt for rim
- Rim your coupe glass with spicy salt
- Combine tequila, Bols, lime juice and chopped jalapeño in a cocktail shaker with 1 cup of ice
- Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients
- Fine strain into a coupe glass
- Garnish with a lime wheel