I am obsessed with Waterford crystal glassware, and after my recent visit to Barbados, I am addicted to rum too, more specifically, Barbadian rum. This cocktail brings both of those loves together in a classic setting using the Waterford Cluin Decanter and Double Old Fashioned glassware and Mount Gay Black Barrel Rum.
I found that the Black Barrel is a great rum for mixing cocktails because it is dryer than some of the other rums I have tried recently and the addition of cinnamon and vanilla elements, from the use of charred ex-bourbon barrels used in the aging process, worked deliciously with the walnut liqueur. To add in a little more bite, I opted for some spiced brown sugar syrup, which also added some depth to the flavor profile and then finished it off with some classic Angostura aromatic bitters.
To be a boss batch up a few of these by multiplying the recipe and share the love at your next gathering; your friends will love sipping on this delicious cocktail and the work will be taken out of it for you.
- 5 ounces Mount Gay Black Barrel
- ½ ounce Toschi Nocello Walnut Liqueur
- ½ ounce Monin Spiced Brown Sugar Syrup
- 3-4 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice
- Stir to chill and combine ingredients
- Fine strain into a rocks glass over an ice cube or fresh ice
- Garnish & Enjoy!