This punch has bourbon and black tea which are pretty much staples in the south. It is so refreshing and so good you may have trouble stepping away from the punch bowl or punch glass. The citrus and bourbon are amazing together but the maple syrup really it gives it a subtle kick.
The maple syrup serves as the sweetener for the drink and the black tea. So, southerners if you want your punch a little sweeter you can use sweet tea instead of the unsweetened black tea. This punch will not only punch up your weekend it might also give you a southern drawl if you drink enough of it!
- 3 ounces of bourbon
- 1.5 cups of black tea cooled
- 1 tablespoon of maple agave syrup (Add more if you like a sweeter drink)
- 2 lemons (1 ½ lemons, juiced and then other half sliced)
- 2 limes (1 ½ limes, juiced and then other half sliced)
- 2 oranges (1 ½ oranges juiced and then other half sliced)
- 2 cups of ice
Garnish: sliced citrus fruit
- In a large glass combine bourbon, citrus juices, and maple agave syrup
- Stir until mixed
- Fill two glasses completely with ice and pour mixture over ice
- Top glasses off with black tea
Yields: 2 servings
Note: You can use any kind of maple syrup. Also, to make this into a punch for a group feel free to double or triple the recipe.