While in Australia we are going to try to experiment with as many good Australian spirits as possible, and if there is a category in particular that is killing it in Australia it is gin. So the first thing we did was get ourselves a bottle of the Four Pillars Shiraz Gin and started playing around.
It was so good and on the bottle it explained the process of steeping shiraz grapes in gin then crushing them to get all the juices and using that for this expression; genius! Anyway, we had a bottle of Bacanora we bought with us from La Niña del Mezcal and thought it would be great to mix them together and then balanced all that delicious booze with some lime juice and some Monin Agave Nectar. This is our best variation of a Gimlet yet I think and the beautiful color and pure deliciousness of the Shiraz Gin is definitely a big player.
- 2 ounces Four Pillars Shiraz Gin
- ½ ounce La Niña del Mezcal Bacanora
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce Monin Agave Nectar
- Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients
- Fine strain into a coupe glass