I am back on the Whisk(e)y and bourbon now that I have properly recovered from my big weekend. In this recipe today I used the blended whiskey and the bourbon whiskey from Heritage Distilling to make this boozy treat. I used tarragon simple syrup but you could basically use any herbal simple syrup that you wanted if tarragon doesn’t agree with you. Also in this pretty cocktail is a soda syrup which blends very well with the spirits.
I was introduced to the team at Raft Syrup a while back and love their products. They produce several awesome sodas that you can use to make an awesome cocktail with little effort. I used the Smoked Tea Vanilla soda which amped up this drink with a smoky flavor as well as a sweet flavor from the vanilla. I cannot recommended these sodas enough especially for the home bartender. They add sophisticated flavors to cocktails that would be somewhat difficult to create at home. Instead of spending a ton of time replicating theses flavors it is already done for you! So, check out Heritage Distilling Company and Raft Syrup; you will not be disappointed! Cheers!
- 1 ounce of Heritage Distilling Elk Rider Bourbon Whiskey
- ¼ ounce of tarragon simple syrup (*recipe below)
- 1 bar spoon of Grand Mariner
- 1 dash of Smoked Tea Vanilla Raft Soda Syrup
- 1/2 cup ice or big ice cube
Garnish: Tarragon leaves
- In a rocks glass place all ingredients
- Stir mixture until it is chilled
- Pour mixture into serving glass
- Garnish with tarragon leaves
- ½ cup Turbinado sugar
- ½ cup Boiling water
- 6 Large, fresh tarragon leaves
- Combine the sugar and boiling water.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the tarragon leaves and steep in hot simple syrup for 20 minutes.
- Strain into a clean jar, cover and refrigerate for up to two weeks.