I am loving the tanginess of cranberries in my cocktails lately and the smokiness of The Black Grouse rounds out this cocktail for a perfect spicy flavor. I used an egg white in this cocktail and it is pretty easy to do. Shake all the ingredients together and then add ice and shake again! A simple formula for a drink that looks like it took a ton of effort to make. I garnished this drink with a Simple and Crisp dried lemon crisp which adds a understated elegance to this cocktail. This recipe is easy to double and make two at a time if you are playing bartender for a group! Make this smoky cranberry sour and impress your guest!
- 1.5 ounces of The Black Grouse
- 1.5 tablespoons cranberry simple syrup (*recipe below)
- 1 ¼ ounces of lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- ½ cup of ice
Garnish: Simple and Crisp dried lemon crisp and cranberry
- Fill a cocktail shaker with The Black Grouse, cranberry simple syrup, lemon juice, egg white, and cranberry juice.
- Shake mixture then add ice
- Shake mixture for 20 seconds
- Strain into serving glass
- Garnish with simple and crisp dried lemon crisp and cranberry
Cranberry Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 8 cranberries
- In a saucepan combine sugar, water and cranberries. Let it boil for until sugar dissolves
- Strain mixture and let it cool
- Extra syrup may be stored in a glass container for up to a week.