Inspired by the Norwegian ‘midnight sun’ tradition of lighting bonfires during the summer solstice on June 23rd we created this Smoked Ruby Solstice Sour with select elements. While researching Norway and different ways to explore the country we cam across some amazing cruise options by Celebrity Cruises fjords adventure, which allows you to explore the magnificent fjords of Norway and offer unbeatable views of the majestic scenery.
The base of the cocktail is a wonderfully herbal Aquavit from Norway, which pairs delectably with the berry and lemon juices. I added in some ginger to give a little kick to the concoction then balanced out the excessive nuisances with a little honey. Finally to really signify the bonfires I added some fresh herbs and flowers topped off with a gold leaf garnish. I then smoked the cocktail with dried rosemary in my smoker so that when the cocktail is revealed you are fully immersed just as if you were standing on the shores enjoying the festivities yourself.
- 1.5 ounces Aquavit
- 1 ounce Lemon Juice
- ½ ounce Mixed Berry Juice
- ½ ounce Ginger and Honey Syrup
- 2 dashes Cardamom Bitters
- 1 Egg White
- Garnish, Gold Leaf, Herbs and Wild Flowers
- Smoked with Rosemary
- Combine all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients
- Strain out ice
- Shake hard again to create a silky smooth consistency
- Fine strain into a cocktail glass
- Garnish with different herbs, flowers and gold leaf
- Smoke with a smoking unit and dried rosemary
- Reveal and Enjoy!