It’s the first day of spring and I need a liquid boost. I need something cheery, light, and fresh to move past winter. Even if winter hasn’t totally disappeared in Seattle this drink will take you to spring days ahead. The cider in this drink is amazing it is super crisp and fresh!
It’s from a local company here in Seattle called Seattle Cider Company (http://www.seattlecidercompany.com/) I used their Semi-Sweet cider which features Granny Smith, Fuji, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, and Gala apples. Imagine all those apples in one cider: it’s pretty awesome! This is the perfect cider to mix with fresh lemon juice and mint! Fresh lemons, mint, Seattle Cider Company Semi-Sweet Cider, and Luxardo marachino liqueur screams spring and will make you bounce back from your winter blues!
- 1 cup Seattle Cider Company Semi-Sweet Cider
- ½ ounce of Luxardo Marachino Liqueur
- 1 lemon, (½ juiced and ½ sliced)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 cup of ice
- 5 mint leaves (1 for garnish)
Garnish: lemon slices and mint leaf
- In a blender combine cider, lemon juice, lemon zest, ice, Luxardo maraschino liqueur, and mint leaves
- Blend then pour mixture into serving glasses
- Garnish with mint leaf and lemon slices