The only thing besides mixing that needs to be done for this special drink is to make the sage simple syrup. Obviously, you could make Moscow Mules for your guests without the simple syrup; but that just wouldn’t be as fun! The sage simple syrup adds a real interesting taste to the drink and mixes really well with the spicy flavor of the ginger beer. If you are really short on time and can’t make the syrup throw in some cranberry sauce and mix this drink up! Improvising sometimes makes the best drinks!
- 1.5 ounces of vodka
- 1 ounce of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of sage simple syrup (*recipe below)
- 1 cup of ice
- 5 ounces of ginger beer
Garnish: Sage leaves
- In a cocktail shaker add vodka, lime juice, sage simple syrup and ½ cup of ice
- Shake until mixed and chilled
- Add ½ cup of ice to serving glass
- Strain mixture into serving glass and top off with ginger beer
- Garnish with sage leaves
*Recipe: Sage simple syrup Ingredients 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons of chopped sage leaves. Instructions: In a saucepan combine sugar, water and sage leaves. Let it boil for until sugar dissolves Strain mixture and let it cool. Extra syrup may be stored in a glass container for up to a week!