Yesterday, I made this Southern Negroni, which was highlighted with a southern sorghum syrup that I got on a farm in Tennessee. Todays variation involves a tasty saffron syrup that kicks the Negroni up a notch. The syrup combines cardamom, saffron, and sugar into a beautiful substance that is not only tasty but so fragrant. I always look in my spice cabinet for inspiration and ideas for unique cocktails. Today I found saffron and cardamom and decided to convert it into a syrup that highlight the Campari and gin in this cocktail. The result was a fragrant and beautiful variation of the classic Negroni.
- 1.5 ounces Campari
- 1.5 ounces gin
- 1 ounce of sweet vermouth
- 2 tablespoons of saffron syrup
- 2-3 ice cubes
Garnish: orange half and saffron threads
- In a glass add Campari, gin, vermouth, and saffron syrup.
- Stir until all ingredients are mixed up.
- Fill glass with several ice cubes and pour mixture over ice
- Garnish with orange half and saffron threads