I am so excited to share this cocktail for a variety of reasons! The first being the amazing gin that is used in this drink. It is from a distillery in Austin, Texas; Genius Gin and is absolutely wonderful on the palate! I cant not say enough about this gin and the distillery itself. They have a great philosophy about why they make such a quality product “the greatest inspirations are conceived with a cocktail in hand”.
They offer two different strengths of gin the standard strength and the navy strength. I used the navy strength to pair with this cocktail and worked out so well. The navy strength offers a super clean finish which provides superior cocktails and can also be sipped for your pleasure. The second reason I wanted to share this cocktail is that the saffron syrup gives the drink an amazing kick. Now is the time to try some Genius Gin and a saffron gin and tonic!
- 1.5 ounces of Genius Gin
- 1 lime, (½ juiced and ½ used for garnish)
- 8 ounces of tonic water
- 1 cup of ice
- 2.5 tablespoons of saffron syrup* (Recipe can be found here)
Garnish: pinch of saffron and ½ of lime
- In a mixing glass add gin, saffron syrup, and lime juice
- Stir mixture then add tonic water, stir again
- Add ice to serving glass then pour mixture over ice
- Garnish with a pinch of saffron and lime