I have been craving a root beer float and now is the time to indulge in this warm weather favorite. Basically, root beer is amazing and the incorporation of ice cream makes it even better.
I like to top my floats with caramel sauce and add bourbon to give it a decadent and boozy twist. I am making one of these once I get home or may make one this weekend to really get the into the spirit of the weekend. Cheers to floats and bourbon.
- 4 ounces of bourbon
- 4 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream
- ½ bottle of root beer
- Top with a teaspoon of caramel sauce
Garnish: mini gummy bottles
- Take 2 small mason jars and add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream into each glass
- Pour 2 ounces of bourbon into each glass and top with root beer (For those who want to have an alcohol content in their root beer, check it out on 52 Brews)
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of caramel sauce over both glasses
- Garnish with mini gummy bottles
Yields: 2 servings