It’s cold outside so we are mixing up some cocktails that will warm the soul and this Rojo Sour does exactly that. We partnered with La Pivón Vermouth to create something special with a Spanish influence and after our time in Madrid this year, we felt pretty confident. They use Valencia oranges to give the vermouth its delicious flavor that comes through with delicious notes of cinnamon, cardamom, and clove.
With this profile in mind, we created the Rojo Sour, which utilizes the La Pivón Vermouth Rojo and combines it with white rum to bring it back down to earth and give it some balance. The cocktail is then finished off with your usual suspects, lemon juice and simple syrup to give the cocktail a little more depth. Everything came together deliciously and the vanilla finish from the French oak barrels comes through at the end.
- 1 ounce La Pivón Vermouth Rojo
- 1 ounce white rum (Plantation 3 Stars)
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- Combine rum, lemon juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake to chill and combine ingredients
- Strain into a cocktail glass over crushed ice
- Float La Pivón Vermouth Rojo on top
- Garnish & Enjoy!