Today I am sharing a delicious cocktail made with red wine and rum. We are having some steamy weather here in Seattle and I wanted to create something to cool me down. This wine slushy is the perfect solution because it combines fresh sweet market strawberries with the tanginess of the red wine.
The thyme is blended into the drink and creates a lovely earthiness that pairs well with the red wine. I have been wanting to create a wine cocktail for a while and this slushy fits the bill. On another note this is a great recipe to make if you have left over wine. The thyme can also be replaced with any fresh herb you have at home. Cheers!
- 1.5 ounces of rum
- ½ lime, juiced
- 4 ounces of red wine (I used a Tempranillo*)
- 6 strawberries (1 for garnish and 5 for drink)
- 1 tablespoon of agave nectar
- 1 cup of ice
- 4 sprigs of thyme (2 for garnish and 2 for drink)
Garnish: 1 strawberry and 2 sprigs of thyme
- In a blender add rum, lime juice, red wine, agave nectar, 5 strawberries, ice and 2 sprigs of thyme
- Blend until mixed
- Pour mixture into serving glass
- Garnish with strawberry and thyme sprigs