I have such an obsession with rainier cherries! Each year I look forward to the summer for cherries! Every farmers market and grocery store here in Seattle are stocked with these gems. I went down Pike Place Market to buy some cherries and as I walked out of the market I had already eaten a whole pound of cherries and had to go back for more! Today I am sharing two of my favorite things Palomas and cherries.
This recipe is so good and if you can’t find rainier cherries you can use regular bing cherries. The cherries are muddled with the fresh grapefruit juice which make this drink so fresh and seasonal. Start your evening off right and make this lovely Rainier Cherry Paloma!
- 2 ounces of Patron Anejo tequila
- 1 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- 5 rainier cherries (4 for the drink and 1 for the garnish)
- ½ cup of ice
- ½ ounce of Grand Marnier
- top of with grapefruit soda
Garnish: Rainier cherry and grapefruit slice
- In a cocktail shaker add Patron Anejo tequila, grapefruit juice, rainier cherries, Grand Mariner and ice
- Muddle mixture then shake for 20 seconds and then pour mixture into serving glass
- Top with grapefruit soda
- Garnish: Rainier Cherries and grapefruit slice