Rainier cherries are my favorite summer fruit and what could be better than to add them to a negroni. If rainier cherries are out of season or unavailable in your area you could use any kind of fresh cherries. I specifically liked using the rainier cherries for this cocktail because it adds a little sweetness and a fresh summer flavor to the classical negroni.
I love adding summer flavors to classic cocktails and find that it can elevate the cocktail into something fun, tasty, and magical. Are you looking to take a chance and amp up a classical cocktail? Start by making this rainier cherry negroni or add some fresh seasonal fruit to your poison. Cheers!
- 1.5 ounces Campari
- 1.5 ounces gin
- 1 ounce of vermouth
- 4 pitted rainier cherries
- 2-3 ice cubes
Garnish: rainier cherries
- Place cherries into a mixing glass
- Muddle cherries
- Add Campari, gin and sweet vermouth
- Add ice to glass and stir mixture
- Strain mixture into serving glass
- Garnish with rainier cherries