I love bourbon especially when I am watching sporting events and this cocktail is perfect for the occasion. I love this cocktail because it is so easy to make and the outcome is so fancy. I made this cocktail from stuff I just had laying around my kitchen.
It is literally 4 ingredients, which include raspberry jam, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, and bourbon. This tangy but sweet cocktail is the perfect pairing for the chicken wings served on a waffle plate. This is a take of the classic chicken and waffles. To pair well with the cocktail I took some pomegranate juice and sugar to make pomegranate syrup. It was the perfect addition to chicken and a great alternative to the traditional maple syrup.This is the perfect bourbon and food pairing! Go Seahawks!
Recipe: Pomegranate and Raspberry Jam Bourbon
- 1.5 ounces of Wild Turkey Bourbon
- 3 ounces of pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon of raspberry jam
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cups of ice
Garnish: Thyme sprig
- In a shaker combine Wild Turkey bourbon, pomegranate juice, raspberry jam, lemon juice, and ice.
- Shake mixture and pour into serving glass
- Garnish with thyme sprig
Recipe: Chicken Wings and Waffles with Pomegranate Syrup
- 4 baked chicken wings (I baked my chicken wings in the oven at 375 degrees for 1 hour. I also baked them coated in the following sauce: salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, 3 tablespoons of ketchup, 1.5 tablespoons of mustard, and 2 tablespoons of thai chili sauce.)
- 4 pre-made waffles
- ½ cup of pomegranate syrup (1 cup of pomegranate juice reduced with ¼ cup of sugar)
Garnish: Sprigs of thyme
- Top waffles with cooked chicken wings
- Drizzle chicken and waffles with pomegranate syrup
- Garnish with sprigs of thyme