I am continuing my obsession with Negronis today and making this Negroni Fizz. My last two Negroni drinks were the Southern Negroni and the Saffron Negroni. This cocktail is based on the classic gin fizz and I am in love with this version. Not only will the color brighten your day but the Campari and orange syrup in this cocktail mix so well together.
The sweetness of the orange and bitterness of the Campari combined with gin make this my favorite Negroni version yet. I obviously couldn’t help myself and had to add an edible flower to garnish this cocktail. This drink is fancy but brings on a classical vibe when you are drinking it. This cocktail is so good you may make it a permanent rotation in your cocktail line up. Make this Negroni Fizz today and elevate your cocktail life!
- 1.5 ounces Campari
- 1.5 ounces gin
- 1 ounce of sweet vermouth
- 2 tablespoons of orange syrup (*see recipe below)
- 1 egg white
- 3 dashes of Peychauds bitters
- ½ cup of ice
Garnish: edible flower
- In a cocktail shaker combine gin, Campari, vermouth, orange simple syrup, and egg white
- Shake until foamy then add ice and shake until chilled
- Add club soda to the serving glass
- Strain mixture into glass
- Add bitters to top of drink
- Garnish: edible flower
*Recipe: Orange Syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 orange, juiced
- In a sauce pan combine sugar, water, and orange juice.
- Let it boil for until sugar dissolves
- Strain mixture and let it cool
- Extra syrup may be stored in a glass container for up to a week