I remember a time during college when I was obsessed with Shandy’s but I may have over indulged back then so I haven’t really enjoyed them much in recent years. I found a bottle of Not Your Father’s Mountain Ale in the market the other day and thought it was time to bring back the Shandy with a Beautiful Booze twist.
There were also some delicious berries at the market so I threw those in my basket along with some fresh lemon to make sure it would be balanced. Once I put it all together I found a little sugar was still necessary, as the berries had made it a little tart along with the lemon juice. Finally at the end once it was topped with the Mountain Ale it was absolutely delicious and I am definitely back on the Shandy train.
- Not Your Father’s Mountain Ale to top (approx. 3 ounces)
- 1 ounce Vodka
- 3 blackberries per cocktail
- 3 raspberries per cocktail
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- Combine berries, vodka, lemon juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake hard to break up berries and chill and combine ingredients
- Fine strain into a highball glass over fresh ice
- Top with Not Your Father’s Mountain Ale
- Garnish with a lemon twist