This is a post from when we collaborated with Guadalajara Tourism who gave away a bottle of Tres Generaciones Plata by Sauza Tequila and 2 homemade Mexican shot glasses to one lucky winner in order to commemorate National Tequila Day 2016. Get to Guadalajara ASAP to begin your journey into all things Tequila where the agave fields in Jalisco are considered to be a UNESCO world heritage site and if you want to take it to the next level, you can take the tequila train from Guadalajara to Tequila.
What you may not know about Tequila:
- Tequila is actually a type of Mezcal.
- The majority of Tequila is produced in Jalisco and there is actually a town called Tequila which most distilleries call their home.
- It takes around 8 years to grow the agave plant before you can harvest the piña for tequila production.
- 1.5oz Tequila
- 1oz Lime Juice
- 1oz Fresh Melon Juice (Honeydew, Watermelon or Cantaloupe)
- ½oz Sugar Syrup
- Juice the melon you prefer
- Rim a glass with salt
- Combine all ingredients into shaker
- Shake until chilled
- Pour over fresh ice into salt rimmed glass