Today I was feeling like something refreshing and a Paloma came to mind. I absolutely love Paloma on a summer day and this recipe delivers with a kick of mint. This is also a super easy recipe to make a home for a party. The mint simple syrup can be made in advance and everything can put together in a pinch.
The only ingredients that you need are tequila, mint, and grapefruit soda. This would be great to sip on a hot summer day or serve as a signature cocktail at a party. If you do not have mint you could substitute any herbal simple syrup into this versatile drink! Basil, tarragon, thyme, and rosemary would all be really tasty options! So, go celebrate tequila and yourself today with this “Minty Paloma.”
- 1.5 ounces of Patron tequila
- ½ ounce of mint simple syrup (*recipe below)
- top off with grapefruit soda
- 1 cup ice
Garnish: Mint leaves
- In a cocktail shaker place tequila, mint simple syrup and ice
- Shake mixture until it is chilled
- Pour mixture into serving glass and top off with grapefruit soda
- Garnish with mint and serve
Recipe: Mint Syrup
- ½ cup Turbinado sugar
- ½ cup Boiling water
- ¾ cup packed fresh mint leaves
- Combine the sugar and mint in a bowl.
- Add water and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Steep the mint leaves for 15 minutes.
- Strain into a jar, cover and refrigerate up to two weeks