Daiquiris are the quintessential summer cocktail and what better way to exemplify this cocktail but with fresh seasonal fruits like strawberries and delicious sparkling wine. We teamed up with the Italian Glacial Bubbly Mezza di Mezzacorona to create a delicious cocktail for their MeZZology program. Showcasing how some of the best classic cocktails are made with sparkling wine and more importantly how every day cocktails can be elevated with the addition of some delightful Mezza di Mezzacorona crafted amongst the picturesque Dolomites Mountains in Northern Italy.
The classic Daiquiri is my go to cocktail whenever I am at a bar and not feeling adventurous; it’s light, refreshing and hard to screw up. Most importantly I love testing bartenders around the world to create a unique variation like the carbonated Daiquiri I got from Bob Peters in Charlotte and the Calvados Daiquiri in France. I checked out the MeZZology section on the website and love the variations of delicious classic cocktails topped off with Mezza di Mezzacorona to add a refreshing fizz to the cocktails releasing a slight aroma of fresh fruits and a smooth acidity to the palate. Some of these notes are usually correlated with more expensive sparkling wines and champagnes so it’s great to find them in a more affordable bottle.
- 2-3 ounces Mezza di Mezzacorona (to top)
- 1.5 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ¾ ounce strawberry simple syrup
- Combine white rum, lime juice and strawberry simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients
- Fine strain into your coupe glass
- Top with Mezza di Mezzacorona
- Garnish & Enjoy!
Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot
- Bring to the boil while gently stirring
- Once all sugar is dissolved take off stove
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes while tasting intermittently until desired flavor is reached
- Strain out strawberries
- Refrigerate until use