This recipe that I am sharing today is such a treat all year round; not just for Christmas. I love hot chocolate and this Mexican hot chocolate is packed full of chocolate and cinnamon flavors. It is a perfect base for elevating your typical eggnog and adding a chocolate flair and the spiced rum adds some additional flavor. This drink would also work well as a punch or a dessert punch. What could be better than spiked eggnog? Spiked eggnog with chocolate.
- 1.5 ounces of spiced rum
- 1/2 cup of prepared Mexican hot chocolate according to package directions. I used Abuelita
- 1/2 cup of prepared eggnog
- ½ cup of ice
Garnish: Whip cream, chocolate shavings, and cinnamon
- In a large glass add rum, hot chocolate, and egg nog.
- Stir mixture until all ingredients are combined
- Add ice to serving glass
- Pour mixture into serving glass