One of our favorite classic cocktails is the Manhattan, and now Vya Vermouth has decided that every October from now on will be dedicated to “putting a meaning behind every Manhattan”, and this year they are doing it with the support of Chilled Magazine. It’s amazing when companies like these two get together to support something they love.
To get into the Manhattan “lifestyle” we decided not to put a Beautiful Booze spin on this delicious classic but instead to make it as it always should be. We used the Quady “Yva” Wormwood Sweet Vermouth which is made with an orange muscatel grape which worked deliciously with the spicy rye and aromatic bitters.
- 2 ounces rye whisky
- 3/4 ounce Quady “Vya” Wormwood Aperitif Sweet Vermouth
- 1-2 dashes Angostura aromatic bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice
- Stir to chill and combine ingredients
- Strain into a coupe glass neat or over an ice sphere
- Garnish & Enjoy!