I absolutely love tropical cocktails all year round but it’s hard to find a good Mai Tai at a lot of bars in the cooler months. Because of this I partnered up with Monin to create this simple variation using their Tiki Blend syrup. After tasting their products last year I got really obsessed and started using them more and more and now I have a great selection to choose from whenever I’m mixing cocktails at home.
This cocktail is a twist on a classic Mai Tai but I incorporated a Brazilian flair with Cachaça as the base spirit and some fresh pineapple juice. Instead of orange curaçao I opted for some orange bitters because I found it bought the right amount of flavor but allowed me to add a few ingredients without lengthening the cocktail too much. With the exotic blend of passion fruit, pomegranate and ginger flavors in the Monin Tiki Blend I really wanted to balance it also with a little more potent so after floating the aromatic bitters on top I added some absinthe into the mix and after burning out most of the alcohol it mixes in deliciously with the rest of the cocktail.
Exclusive Beautiful Booze Offer: Visit Monin.com and enter code BBTIKI at checkout to receive 25% off* select Monin flavors including Tiki Blend, South Seas Blend and Hawaiian Island Syrup.
*While supplies last. Coupon code for 25% select flavors cannot be combined with any other coupons. Applies to individual bottles only. Offer valid in U.S. only. Discount cannot be applied retroactively. Other exclusions may apply, visit Monin.com for more details.
- 2 ounces Cachaça
- 1 ounce Monin Tiki Blend
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 2 dashes peach bitters
- ½ ounce aromatic bitters
- ¼ ounce absinthe
- 1 sugar cube
- Combine Cachaça, Monin Tiki Blend, lime juice, pineapple juice and peach bitters in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients
- Strain over fresh ice in a tiki mug
- Float the aromatic bitters on top
- Garnish with cherries, pineapple crown and inverted lime shell
- Fill lime shell with a sugar cube and absinthe
- Set alight (carefully) (For fiery effect, sprinkle cinnamon over fire)
- Once burnt out, tip the absinthe and sugar into your cocktail
- Stir to mix ingredients