I absolutely love sipping on a classic Tom Collins cocktail when I’m in the mood for something refreshing with some gin so when I was asked to come up with a delicious cocktail in while in the Australian heat this was an easy choice.
I used the Monin Lemongrass Syrup I carry with me to give it a great fragrant lemon kick as well as the fresh lemon juice. In Australia they have a gin that is blue and changes to purple when it comes in contact with citrus so when I floated it on top it really made the cocktail pop. The whole drink came together so beautifully and of course was really delicious.
- 1.5 ounces London Dry gin
- ¾ ounce Ink Gin
- ¾ ounce Monin Lemongrass Syrup
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- Crush ice so it is ready for your cocktail
- Combine gin, Monin Lemongrass Syrup and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker
- Shake to chill and combine ingredients
- Fill Collins glass with crushed ice
- Strain contents over crushed ice
- Top with Ink Gin
- Garnish & Enjoy!