The classic White Lady cocktail is really delicious and one that usually flies under the radar, but today I’m bringing it back. I had a bottle of Monin Violet I was playing with for an Aviation cocktail and with color like this, a little bit goes a long way so I had plenty left over. I started experimenting with other flavors and somewhere along the way, I think I somehow mixed two different cocktails together.
The mixture was weird but surprisingly good and after isolating some of the ingredients that were overpowering and minimizing or removing them I ended up with this Lady in Violet cocktail. The best thing about Dolin Blanc is that it really brings a dry, slightly citrus element to the cocktail and allows the other ingredients to work together better and the lemon juice really accentuates that.
- 2 ounces Monkey 47 gin
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ¾ ounce Dolin Blanc Vermouth
- ½ ounce Monin Violet
- 2 dashes Beehive spiced orange bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake to chill and combine ingredients
- Fine strain into coupe glass over clear ice to keep it cold
- Garnish & Enjoy!