This recipe is something I came up with after a girl’s night. I was inspired to create this recipe by my dear friend Caitlin. She loves kumquats and I told her I would come up some kind of boozy drink that would highlight this beautiful citrus gem.
This drink is blended with a kumquat sorbet which I got from a local ice cream shop here in Seattle called Molly Moon’s. This neighborhood ice cream shop has beautiful and tasty ice cream but they have AMAZING seasonal flavors. The kumquat sorbet is one of their seasonal flavors and it is sooooooo good! If you can’t find kumquat sorbet you can always use orange sorbet. Hope you love this dreamy margarita as much as I do!
- 1.5 ounces of anejo tequila
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup of ice
- ½ cup club soda
- 2 teaspoons of Grand Marnier
- ½ cup of kumquat sorbet (*Note: you can use orange sorbet as a substitute)
Garnish: 3 kumquats or orange slices
- Fill the blender with the tequila, lime juice, club soda, Grand Marnier, sorbet and ice
- Blend mixture and pour into serving glass
- Garnish and serve