No, this isn’t the terminator of cocktails; it’s actually light, fresh and delicious. However, I have been brunching a lot lately and this means mixing cocktails that will pair deliciously with a lighter lunch, and today’s cocktails is a fresh variation on the classic Seelbach Cocktail. This cocktail has a wonderful back-story steeped in history and intrigue, however, that was all a bit far fetched; however, it is a delicious cocktail that will live on as a modern classic.
This variation sticks with the base of the classic, but I have added in some mandarin juice to make it “brunchier”, and made a few other modifications to balance the cocktail. The biggest change I made was to remove the bubbles; blasphemous I know, but I just didn’t have any in the fridge. Instead, I reached for a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, which delivered wonderful citrus, floral and tropical fruit notes that paired perfectly with the meal and balanced out the other ingredients.
- 1 ounce Smooth Ambler Contradiction
- ½ ounce dry curacao
- ¾ ounce mandarin juice
- 5 dashes tart orange bitters
- Brancott Sauvignon Blanc (top approx. 2 ounces)
- Combine all ingredients, except wine, in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake to chill and combine ingredients
- Fine strain into your cocktail glass
- Top with Sauvignon Blanc
- Garnish & Enjoy!
- Enjoyed best when you make more than one and share with friends!