This a special cocktail with fruit specially shipped all the way from New Zealand by our friends at The Exotic Grocer. When the Enzed Exotics team reached out we knew we had to make something with this awesome looking fruit so they sent us over some to try and they were absolutely delicious.
It’s actually called a Kiwano Horned Melon and is said to have some awesome health properties but all I know is it looks and tastes awesome. So we dug the “pulp” out of the fruit and mixed it together with some rum sugar and lime juice to give it some awesome balance. We then shook it hard to combine all the flavors and fine strained it into the coupe so we weren’t sipping on seeds. The flavor transferred really will into the cocktail and just gave the traditional Daiquiri a little extra flavor.
- 1.5 ounces white rum
- Pulp from 1/2 a Kiwano Melon
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce sugar syrup
- Cut the Kiwano Melon in half and scoop out the pulp
- Add the pulp into a cocktail shaker with rum, lime juice and sugar
- Shake hard to combine and chill all of the ingredients
- Fine strain into a coupe glass, make sure there are no seeds in the cocktail
- Garnish with a cut of the Kiwano Melon
These are genuinely awesome and delicious so we talked to the team at Enzed and they gave us a 5% discount for all of you if you’re interested in ordering some of these awesome fruits. Just go to The Exotic Grocer and enter NATALIE5% into the code section.