Today I am feeling like something refreshing and light for booze. I am obsessed with melons during summertime and honey dew is no exception. I really love honeydew in drinks because it brings a subtle sweetness and flavor profile to the drink. The addition of basil adds a earthiness that blends so well with the tequila and honeydew in this Margarita.
I rimmed the glass with sugar but if you do not want the additional sweetness you can add a salt rim or a mix of salt and sugar. This drink would be super easy to make for a summer party to put a spin on the normal Margarita. Step up your day and your Margarita with this amazing honeydew and basil margarita!
- 1.5 ounces of Patron Anejo tequila
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon of agave nectar
- 1 cup of sliced honeydew melon
- 5 basil leaves
- 1 cup of ice
Garnish: Basil leaves and rimmed glass with sugar
- In a blender combine basil leaves and honeydew melon.
- Blend until mixture is a juice like consistency.
- Strain mixture.
- In a cocktail shaker add Patron Anejo tequila, lime juice, agave nectar, honeydew/basil juice and ice.
- Shake until mixed and chilled.
- Rim serving glass with sugar.
- Pour mixture into serving glass