I have learnt a lot from entertaining over the years and there is one thing that I am very confident about; when getting together with friends and family there is one ingredient that you can’t leave out. Whether it is in the food or even worked into a cocktail holidays are celebrated best with bacon involved!
Today I am sharing a recipe made with Farmer John bacon aptly named Holiday Breakfast because if you’re going to start celebrating early it might as well be with style. This amazing cocktail was concocted with our home made bacon infused bourbon, lemon juice, orange juice, egg white and cranberry sauce. For the garnish we put together a fully loaded bacon skewer complete with fresh cranberries and a little sprig of rosemary! This cocktail is a treat that you just have to make while entertaining this holiday season, or you can just keep it all to yourself; we won’t tell.
- 2 ounces of bacon infused bourbon
- ½ ounce of cranberry sauce
- 1 egg white
- 1 ounce of lemon juice
- ½ ounce orange juice
- Add bacon infused bourbon, cranberry sauce, egg white, lemon juice, and orange juice to the shaker
- Shake mixture then add ice
- Shake mixture again then strain into serving glass
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and bacon slice