I don’t know about you, but I am SUPER excited for National Tequila Day, so much that I have crafted this Hibiscus Martini to celebrate with Gran Centenario Tequila! I love traveling to Mexico and one of my favorite flavors that I discovered pretty early on was dried hibiscus flower AKA Flor De Jamaica. Every single day I had a typical Mexican drink called agua fresca made with this beautiful and fragrant flower.
The aromatics of the tequila including wood, roasted almonds and wood pair perfectly with the aromas of the hibiscus and make this the ultimate martini for National Tequila Day or your signature cocktail for the summer season. I also made the hibiscus simple syrup with dried hibiscus flowers I found at a market but if you can’t find the flowers you can make syrup with hibiscus tea. Take you martini game to the next level and celebrate with this tequila that has been made in small batches since 1857.
- 1.5 ounces of Gran Centenario Reposado Tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce hibiscus simple syrup
- ¾ ounce white vermouth
- Lime peel and flower for garnish
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker
- Add tequila, white vermouth, hibiscus simple syrup and lime juice to the shaker
- Shake the cocktail then strain into a coupe glass
- Garnish & Enjoy!
Hibiscus Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup of dried hibiscus flower
- Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan
- Simmer until the sugar is dissolved
- Strain into storage bottle