I am a huge fan of adding jelly or jam to your cocktail to upgrade it. In the past I have added these to my bourbon cocktails for sweetness and flavor. Today I am adding marmalade to my Moscow Mule. I have wanted to create a cocktail with orange marmalade for a while so when I went to the store and saw that they had a ginger orange marmalade I knew that I had to snatch it up.
The ginger adds a perfect component to upgrade the Moscow Mule because it complements the ginger beer. I have also traded the lime juice in a classic Moscow Mule for orange juice. This switch in citrus juice adds flair to the cocktail will bring you back for more.
- 1.5 ounces of Absolut vodka
- 1/2 ounce of orange juice
- 1 heaping teaspoon of ginger and orange marmalade
- 1/2 to 1 crushed cup ice
- 1/2 bottle of ginger beer
Garnish: Orange slices
- To serving glass add ice, orange juice, ginger, orange marmalade and vodka
- Stir mixture
- Top with ginger beer