My current obsession is the Italian wine Lambrusco. I think it is the perfect summer time drink and love the slightly sparkling taste. I knew I had to make a cocktail with this amazing liquid pleasure. I was at a Italian restaurant this weekend and discovered a cocktail with Lambrusco where they floated the wine.
It was beautiful so I knew I had to make a version. I used Aviation Gin at out Portland, Oregon and it was the perfect compliment to this cocktail adding hints of dried orange peel and lavender. This would be a fun upscale drink to make over the weekend as well as a before dinner drink. Let’s celebrate the week with gin and wine! What is your favorite wine cocktail?
- 2 ounces of Aviation Gin
- 1 ounce of lime juice
- ½ ounce of simple syrup
- 1 cup ice
- Float 1 ½ ounces of Lambrusco over top by using the back of a spoon
- In a shaker add gin, lime, simple syrup, and ½ cup of ice
- Shake mixture
- Fill serving glass with the rest of the ice
- Strain mixture into serving glass
- Using the back of a spoon pour Lambrusco slowly over the spoon near the side of the serving glass