Let’s face it figs are weird… you either love them or hate them (weird texture, weird taste, and weird shape). Isn’t a fig an inverted flower? I am going to turn the “weird fruit” into a boozy fruit using GIN! Check out this situation:
- 3 ounces of gin
- 2 ounces of fig simple syrup (see recipe below)*
- 2 pomegranate white tea bags
- 12 ounces of boiling water
- ¼ cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup of ice
Garnish: pomegranate seeds and figs.
- In a large mug add the tea bags and the 12 ounces of boiling water.
- Let the tea bags steep for 5 minutes then discard the tea bags. Let the tea cool.
- Fill a shaker with 1 cup of ice and add the tea, gin, and fig simple syrup
- Shake mixture until it is mixed and chilled
- Divide the mixture between two martini glasses
Yields: 2 servings
*Recipe: Fig Simple Syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 figs cut in half
- In a sauce pan combine sugar, water, and figs. Let it boil for until sugar dissolves
- Strain mixture and let it cool
- Extra syrup may be stored in a glass container for up to a week